Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ocean Breeze and Summer Reads...

Let's see, it was a pretty successful weekend. Not only did I eat a tasty steak at Outback on Saturday night; I also ate the floor at Outback on Saturday night. Yep, you heard me....I took quite a tumble in front of about 7 tables full of people on my way to the restroom. I literally slipped on a pile of ketchup....this type of thing ONLY happens to me, and I'm still not convinced that it wasn't a setup.

To make up for the mortifying fall, I proceeded to walk to Barnes and Noble after dinner and buy 4 new books. I am currently reading A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines. I'm not very far into it, but it has definitely already made up for the fall...I have a serious knack for picking out a good book.

I spent the first half of my Sunday at the pool with my new book, and also apparently with a pool full of non-bachelors attending the Bachelor party of the guy who was obviously the very last to take the plunge. I'll be surprised if he goes through with it considering all the poor guy's friends did the whole time was dis on their wives/marriages. One guy's wife sucked at cooking. Another guy's wife thought she was a really good cook, but little did she know.... One of the wives gained 20 pounds within a month of the wedding date. I mean, the list goes on and on. Somehow I still managed to stay enthralled in my new book... Oh , and they also referred to a "cooler" as an "ice chest." It was quite entertaining.

As a pleasant surprise, I spent the second half of my Sunday out on "Plan Bee" (the name of a friend of ours' boat) at Crab Island. Ohhhh Crab Island. If you think you've heard of it, but don't remember if you've been there before, then you definitely haven't been there. A friend of mine made the comment that, "It's like Talladega on the water, replacing the race cars with boats, minus the race." This is so true. It's always a good time though. It was just a small taste compared to what is in store this coming weekend....

Speaking of this weekend...I will spend this entire week preparing for it. It's gonna be a doozy. Lots of friends coming in town, off work Friday and Saturday. If you need me, I'll either be posted up beachside or boatside.....

"Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under the trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time."  John Lubbock

No comments:

Post a Comment