Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Bread to my Shit Sandwich

"Life is a shit sandwich, but if you have enough bread, you don't taste the shit."  Jonathan Winters


Not only am I sharing this quote with my fellow bloggers because of it's comical value, but also because, when I read it, it made me think about my own personal "shit sandwich," and all of the wonderful people who are my "bread." I have amazing people in my life. I know that everyone says that, but I honestly do. I have the kind of parents that, in a world where it is so hard to do so, have given me the best example of what life and marriage could and should be like. They have taught me the true meaning of love between two people, in all of it's "unperfectness." Their love gives me faith in finding my own.

I have the sister of all sisters. The kind of sister that gives and gives and never stops, even when I may not deserve it-or anyone else for that matter. She has the sweetest soul of anyone that I know. She is the only person that I know that can be so sweet and so strong all at the same time. I like to believe that some of that rubbed off on me, but not nearly as much. She has given me the two greatest gifts that I have received in this lifetime, being my two amazingly beautiful nieces. On my darkest day, just seeing their sweet faces can make it shine at it's brightest. For my sister, I am forever grateful.

I come from a very small family. Some people have great big families full of many many loved ones. I have a family of fewer people, but it's filled with just as much love as all of those great big ones. They are all I need. I grew up with wonderful grandparents on each side of my family, who, in completely different ways, taught me so many valuable lessons in love, and how, when it's in it's truest form, it can endure anything. I have two very sweet aunts, two uncles that would have my back and you on yours if you were to think about messing with me, 3 great cousins (add one 2nd cousin, Ethan), and some pretty good great aunts/uncles as well. Life is good in the life of the Jones/Morrison family :)

And the last, but definitely not least, honorable mention in my "shit sandwich" blog would be my amazing friends. Those people that come along, one by one, on life's journey. They are the loves of my life. They come from all different walks of my life. From childhood friends, to high school, to college and thereafter. They all serve a different purpose in my life, and I in theirs. As a whole, they are, no doubt, the glue that holds my life together. In my opinion, no words can express, nor can a high enough value be placed, on the sanctity of friendship. In the words of "Big" from Sex and the City to Charlotte, Miranda and Samantha, speaking of Carrie..."You girls are the loves of her life. Any guy is just lucky to come in fourth place." Amen to that.

So, with all of this being said...I would like to dedicate this blog to all of the people, who most definitely know who they are, that make up the "bread" to my "shit sandwich." In a crazy world that is often full of doubt, you all have remained constant and undoubted. My "shit sandwich" just wouldn't be the same if I lost a single one of you.



1 comment: